Time Dreaming is available on most digital platforms (Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music etc)
This third album featuring the 19-division (of the Octave) trumpet deals very thoroughly with harmony: in the form of electronics, multi-tracked trumpets, duo with a malletKAT, and ultimately with very precisely defined 19-division three-part harmony in the title work, Time Dreaming by Donald Bousted. As 19-division tuning is a modern version of the historical third-comma meantime temperament from the early baroque, there exists a constant link to the distant past, at the same time as a glimpse towards future harmonic possibilities still to be explored.
Four of the works were premiered as part of a US Tour in 2014, playing at American Festival of Microtonal Music and Boston Microtonal Society events. Others were first played in 2019 at EUROMicroFest, TechFest Aberdeen and Festival Mikrotöne Basel. This album also sees the premiere recording of the 19-division Flugelhorn, with ‘Sarabande?’ by Eleni Ralli, the first piece written for my ‘Inspired by Baroque’ project.
1. Time Dreaming (2018) Donald Bousted (UK) for 3 19-div trumpets 6:32
2. Upward in time (2013-2014) Elia Koussa (LBN) 8:35
3. noiwont (2014-2021) Georg Hajdu (DE) with playback 5:04
4. Cerulean (2018) Carlos Cotallo Solares (ES) 3:05
5. Hidden Jewels (2018) Stephen Altoft (UK/ DE) for 7 multi-tracked 19-div trumpets 9:01
6. Gathering Meaning (2014) Julia Werntz (US) 6:13
7. Interlude (2019) Vasiliki Kourti-Papamoustou (GR) with malletKAT, Lee Ferguson 4:43
8. Sarabande? (2020) Eleni Ralli (GR) for 19-div Flugelhorn 4:12
9. Studie 2: Lines (2017) Manfred Stahnke (DE) with 3 pre-recorded 19-div trumpets 1:13 From ‘Vier Studien für 19ton-Trompete’
10. Studie 3: Dance (2020) Manfred Stahnke (DE) with 3 pre-recorded 19-div trumpets 0:37 From ‘Vier Studien für 19ton-Trompete’
11. Studie 4: Complex Flow (2019) Manfred Stahnke (DE) with 1 pre-recorded 19-div trumpet 5:12
12. Yiiiha (2014) Gordon Kampe (DE) 3:49