PHOTOS FROM THIS EVENT
Christian Klinkenberg’s new Bohlen-Pierce composition ‘Seven Leaves’ was first performed on the 27th of April in the cultural center “Alter Schlachthof” Eupen (Belgium) with the Kl-Ex Ensemble. There will be a further performance on November 20th, 2018 in the “AINSI” Theater Maastricht (NL).
- Nora-Louise MÃ¼ller: Bohlen-Pierce Clarinet
- Todd Harrop: Bohlen-Pierce ChimesÂ
- Franck Hemmerle: Percussion
- Vedran Mutic: Bohlen-Pierce-E-BassÂ
- Melle Weijters: Bohlen-Pierce-E-Guitar
- Christian Klinkenberg: Bohlen-Pierce Keyboard
- Paul Pankert: ViolinÂ
- Suse Weisse: Storyteller
- Lothar Felten: Interactive App
- Jens Schumacher: Samples and real-time-fx
- Marc Kirschvink: Paintings
A story about lost love, an evil witch, an enchanted tree, and the leaves that hung, but never grew is integrated in the performance.
The Bohlen Pierce scale is a 13-step non octave scale which is tempered to the perfect-twelfth (3/1). For this reason, the musicians have specially constructed instruments (clarinet, keyboard, chimes). The string instruments (e-guitar, bass, violin) also need to retune their strings and have to increase the spacing of the fingerings or frets by about half.
The special feature of this performance: the audience can play along via an app.
EUROMicroFest, Chudoscnik Sunergia, IMPACT (International Meeting in Performing Arts and Creative Technologies), Jazz Maastricht
Photos by Peter Ortmann